How To Request Books and Articles
To request a book or an article, log in to your ILLiad account. On the left-hand side of the page, you'll see the "New Requests" category. Choose the type of item that you're looking for (Article, Book, Book Chapter, Case (i.e. the opinion for a court case), or Other), and then fill out the form for that item.
Please request your items as soon as possible. Books usually take 1-2 weeks to arrive here. Articles usually take 3-5 business days to arrive here. Hard-to-find items may take longer.
Here are some other tips and rules to keep in mind:
- You need to make an individual request for each individual item you're looking for. If you try to request multiple items in one request, your request will be canceled because the software system can't handle this.
- If you're cite-checking for one of the journals, put the journal's name in the Notes field of each request.
- All of the required fields must be filled out.
- The more information you give us, the quicker it is for us to search for an item.
- Do not put the date of the item or the edition of the item in the title field.
- If you need only one specific chapter from a book, it will generally be quicker if you use the Book Chapter form instead of the Book form. This is because if the chapter is copied, it will be sent to us electronically whereas the book will be sent through the mail.
Getting Notified When Books & Articles Arrive
All patrons will receive an email when an item they've requested has arrived.
- Students can pick up their books at the Information Services desk in the law library.
- Faculty will have their books delivered to their mailboxes.
Articles are delivered electronically to your ILLiad account.
- Log in to your ILLiad account.
- After you log in, click on "Electronically Received Articles" from the main page.
- Click on "View PDF" for the article you wish to view.
Articles are stored on the server for only 30 days, so after you view the PDF, you'll need to save it to your computer for future viewing.
Most books can be renewed unless the ILL band wrapped around the front cover of the book specifically states "No Renewals". Renewing books does not happen automatically. You will need to log in to your ILLiad account to renew the book. Here's what to do:
- Log in to your ILLiad account.
- In the "View" category on the left-hand side of the screen, you'll see a link for "Checked Out Items." Click that link to see a list of all the items that are currently checked out to you.
- Find the item you'd like to renew and click the Transaction Number of that item.
- If a renewal is allowed for that item, you'll see a link at the top of the page that says "Renew Request". Click that link.
- After clicking that "Renew Request" link, you'll see a confirmation that a renewal has been requested for that item.
Once you've completed these steps, the Interlibrary Loan staff will contact the lending library to approve renewing the item. Once they approve renewing the item, we'll change the due date for the item. You can find out the new due date by logging back in to your ILLiad account. This will typically happen within two business days.
Please note that the lending library may decide that the item cannot be renewed or may be renewed only once. All renewals are subject to the lending library's approval.